Through an Artistic Lens
- Draw/paint and label a picture of your favorite scene or character.
- Use clay or model magic to sculpt a character, object or scene from the book.
- Create a collage that represents the book you read.
- Create a pop-up or flip-book version of your book.
- What other ways can you use your artistic talents?
Through a STEM Lens
- Use recycled materials to create a model of a character or object from the book.
- Make a timeline of the important events in the book.
- Create a web to show the story elements in your book. One option is to use Popplet a digital webbing tool.
- Create a shoebox diorama of the setting of the book.
- Draw a picture on the computer of your favorite scene or character with Canvastic.
- What other ways can you use your STEM talents?
Through a Writing Lens
- Write a Book Review. For a template, click here.
- Create an all about book or pamphlet to share what you learned.
- Write a diary entry as if you were the character in the book.
- Write a story with the same character.
- What other ways can you use your writing talents?
Through a Social Lens
- Have an adult ask you questions. Answer them as the character.
- Get together with your friends and read the same book. Take a picture of your book club and share something your group talked about.
- Visit a setting in your text. Look through your character’s lens and explain how your experience compares to your character's.
- What other ways can you use your social talents?